What's your idea for The Knot?

Customizing the Notes section of RSVPs

I'd love to be able to customize the categories for how guests RSVP, like changing "Notes" to something more relevant ("If you're bringing kids, let us know here!" type things).

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ashley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

RSVP and Guest List Manager are going to get some love in 2018. We are listening and really are trying to turn this into a tool you will love and your guests will find works with ease. Thank you for your patience – and your feedback!

xoxo,
    Keri

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • natalieandjustin98 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to customize the text on the RSVP pop-up box like how any other text can be customized (a similar example would be the guest book page greeting text).

This text is crucial for critical messages like adults-only reception, to give further instructions, right on the RSVP page. The only other alternative is to disable the RSVP top-menu link and put these messages in the event details before the RSVP button there, but that link is buried and not easy to find.

An alternative would be for the RSVP top-link to take you to the event section that has the RSVP button with the event details custom text, rather than directly to the RSVP pop-up with fixed text.

Thanks,
        -Justin

• Jalila Cunningham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So people are leaving messages in the notes section when they rsvp instead of the post a message section, and unless I click on each individual name and scroll down to the bottom and check to see if notes are there, I don't know that notes are there, is there a way to just pull up all the notes? Also, I stopped getting email rsvp notifications and not sure why? The emails included the notes

• Kendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed I need to do the same to make a note about kids and have people confirm if they need bus transport to the venue or not!

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like you can add meal options for your RSVPs under the Guest List Manager! Having more options for songs or adding free form notes, would be a great also! Looking forward to the new features!

Thanks,
        Amy

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes yes yes to all of the previous comments! I was hoping to add notes about how we don't have space for kids AND ask for input on dances. I am really bummed we already printed invitations with the knot as the place to RSVP. Crossing my fingers this happens to change in the next couple of weeks...seems like everyone has wanted it for years!

• Christina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting close to sending out RSVPs as well and the lack of customization is making me strongly question whether I want to use the Knot the collect RSVPs. Even though I already have our website set up, I'm considering finding another site to host our website that allows more customization. Is there any news on how far into 2018 it will take for these features to get some love?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saw a post similar to this dating to 2015. The couple wanted to know if their guests had food allergies. Hopefully The Knot will fix it soon but I'm know holding my breath if they have already had over 2 years. I wish I would have known this before I printed invitations. Oh well, I guess I am stuck with the know but I will be encouraging others to try other websites.

• Grace D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see a notes section for the RSVP settings.....I just need to know about vegetarian meals. Can I do this yet? How soon will it be available?

Is there any update on being able to ask guests what their allergies are as part of the RSVP?

• Danielle Bridges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love if you would add the option for when guests RSVP, they can put a song that they would like to be played at the wedding.
        "I promise to dance if you play ______"

• brittanyp87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

has this been added? Would like to ask the guests to put a song they would like the DJ to play.

Hey - any progress on this? I was hoping to have a section that can record any allergies and dietary needs :-)

We need a feature that allows RSVP for ceremony, reception, and additonal reception in another state...

• Habib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has the notes section customizability been added? How do I ask my Guests what their plus one's name is going to be?

• Lily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this be added? I might have to change websites if it is not implemented. Thanks!!

• Shannon S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am wondering the same thing. I have looked everywhere on the site and can not see how to do it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base