What's your idea for The Knot?

Incorrect information

You have an article on here that is not accurat. You have a question and answer article about bridal shower etiquette. In the article you state that is it traditionally up to the bridesmaids to organize and pay for the bridal shower. This is incorrect. It’s is the responsibility of group of women who are typically friends of the mother of the bride and family members to organize and throw the shower. This is not 1950. Bridesmaids are already responsible for their dress, hair and makeup, a shower gift and wedding gift not to mention alterations...only if the bridesmaids volunteer to host s shower are they deemed financially responsible. Further more the bride is responsible for getting gifts to than her hostesses. Whoever you have in charge of these answers is really outdated on these customs and etiquettes. I have been in 5 weddings, so I double checked this against my cousins who has been in literally 12-15 she said only once were bridesmaids asked to pay for something shower related and it was money towards decorations and not everyone would put forth the money and it made everyone very uncomfortable. I would be more than happy to help you further especially since there is not a lot of Jewish articles or etiquette blogs on here. Thank you,

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alisha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I really appreciate you taking the time to send us this note. We definitely know that many of the unspoken rules from our parents and grandparents times are not what couples are using when they get married in today’s world. This includes who throws a shower and/or who is asked to pay for wedding events. We love that every couple and their family have a unique way of approaching each of these items.

That being said, I would love to have you send me a link to the article in question so we can ask our Editorial team to revisit this topic in their next set of article updates. We do still have very traditional couples looking for information on our site, and those that are looking for what most couples do today. I think we have room to make our articles appeal to everyone, and I am sure you can agree.

Let me know if there is anything else we can share with the Editorial team.

xoxo,
    Keri

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)