TheKnot.com Ideas + Feedback

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature.

Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature. Being able to view how many bride vs groom parties were there, number of invitations would need to be sent (parties rather than individuals), etc. was very helpful. As of right now, I'd have to go down my wedding guest list and manually count the unique addresses when trying to determine how many invitations, stamps, etc need to be ordered.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
      Keri

• Additional Theme Customizations

Several aspects of the website theme could be more customizable, such as font capitalization (instead of all caps), edit size/type of "and" between names (personally I'd prefer a fancy ampersand), edit size/type of countdown (the default is so tiny), and the option for social media icons on the home page (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

120 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        29 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate this feedback. It helps our team push forward the items that are more important to our members. We are always making updates and I also hope to see a few of your suggestions in our future updates. You can adjust the font and size of fonts in the Change Theme Settings section of your website dashboard already. I hope this helps a little until a fully flexible site is developed in the future.

Enjoy!
        Keri

• Customizing the Notes section of RSVPs

I'd love to be able to customize the categories for how guests RSVP, like changing "Notes" to something more relevant ("If you're bringing kids, let us know here!" type things).

54 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          12 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are definitely working on this new feature and hope to have a way for you to personalize the ‘ask’ of your guests in the future. So glad you like having it there.

• Filter-sleeves

I would like to view dresses with a filter that allows you to look at sleeve length.

9 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion. Our team is looking at the search filters this year to give them some refreshed options and I will be sure to send this along so they are aware it is an extra filter that would be useful.

XOXO,
            Keri

• Moving / Duplicating / Dragging Pre-made Sub-Sections to a Different Page during Wedding Website Creation

I would like to move the "Things to Do" section with all of it's functionality to a new Wedding Website page I made, "Learn more about the venue," since I don't think it really belongs under "Details" and it is making my "Details" page insanely long, because all of our accommodation suggestions are on that page too.

Along the same lines, this would allow users to be able to duplicate the Things to Do page in order to create a Places to Eat page with the same functionality.

I believe this change was suggested before and was incorrectly marked as…

49 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              10 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you checking on this idea. Yes, we do have the ability to move the sections within each sub-section, but moving the different types of sections to the different tabs is still something our Product team is working on. They know this is something that would help a lot of our members and we are eager to get this free website creator just the way it should be. It just takes time and I really appreciate you bringing them back to the front.

I have sent a note to our Product team to find out when they anticipate this being a live feature and if it is within the next few months, I will keep you posted.

XOXO,
              Keri

• [Guest List Manager] Zip Codes don't export with guest address information.

I thought it was wonderful that suggested addresses popped up when entering my guests into the Guest List Manager. But it wasn't so wonderful to export the list and discover there were no zip codes included. So now I have to go back and enter those again. It really makes the address finder feature useless.

21 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                8 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks so much for letting us know about this issue. We are looking into it and will get back to you when we have an update.

You should absolutely be able to export the zip codes associated with each guest address!

Thanks for your patience!

Krista

• Adding vendors manually

Hi,

I know it lets you search vendors through Google. But I have a friend who is a planner and does not ave a website. Also, your Google search shows my church's school, not parish, so I had to choose that. You should allow manual entry of details to fix issues like this.

7 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We are continuing to work on our Vendor list abilities so that more vendors are available and the right vendors are able to be added to your lists. Right now, you are correct, that we cannot manually add in vendors, but we are listening. We know this is something that could be very helpful in many planning lists, and the team is trying to find the best way to make this work.

We will definitely keep you posted if this comes up in our design road map early in 2017.

XOXO,
                  Keri

• The guest list manager should have more options to export guest list.

It should give options like download list by party, name, gender, etc. Right now when I export it only shows my total list but there are husband/wive that live at the same address so would be sharing an invite. That means I have to go through and manually count the number of households to figure out how many invites I need to order. I think there were options like that on the old version of the website but not the new?

19 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
                    Keri

• Easily add a new guest to an existing party

It would be so great to be able to add another guest to an existing party! As it is, if you want to put another on there, you have to delete them all and start over.

16 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Editing Due Dates on Checklist

It would be wonderful if we were able to add items, and also change the due dates on pre-existing items. For example, due to scheduling my bridal showers won't be until a month before my wedding, but the checklist tells me that it needs to be completed a few months before. It's not a huge deal or anything, it would just really improve the tool!

25 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Checklist/Budgeter team is working on the flexibility portion of the Checklist feature. We hope you will continue to see improvements over the next few months as more features, like adjusting dates and adding your own list items, are made available.

Keri

• Portrait themes/templates for Wedding Websites

It would be great if you could create some templates or "themes" that allow you to use a portrait photo instead of ONLY landscape. I can't even create a website or use my engagement photo bc you only have the option of using landscape photos. Very disappointing! Please fix this right away!

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

Unfortunately that is not an option we offer at this time. We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
                          XOXO,
                          Meuy

• 110 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for writing in! There is no seating chart on the new site but new features are coming in 2016.

Thanks!

Krista

• iPad optimised

It is a nightmare trying to design and manage my site on my iPad. I have to power up my laptop which takes forever. Are there any plans to make the site mobile friendly?

18 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for getting in touch! We do have plans to optimize for tablet but not in the too near future.

We are currently focused on improving the desktop and phone experiences.

Thanks for your patience!

Krista

• Editing font (add underline functionality) within text boxes for descriptions

For wedding website editing/creation, please add the ability to change the font and font size of the text within the text boxes for descriptions. From what I can tell you can only make text bold or italicized and change the alignment. Why isn't underline an option?

I'm not requesting to change the font of headers, sub-headers, overall theme of the website, etc. When you have the text box of a description open it only allows you to bold or italicize your text, so why aren't there more options here like underlining certain points, modifying the font and font size, creating…

23 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
                                XO,
                                Meuy

• I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items

I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items, and perhaps you could build in some suggested comments to add. For example, when I check off Book Reception Venue, I would like to add a comment for the name of the venue, address, website, contact, etc. That information could be fed into other areas of my account so that it is easily accessible.

I would also like to be able to add/edit items on the Checklist. For example, I am not having my engagement party until later on in my engagement, so I would like to…

30 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  6 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a common request and we are truly working on how you can manage your checklist (and budgeter) to make it more personalized. This will eventually include the ability for you to add your own items and comments to keep track of your notes.

Keep watching! I know they are still in the design phase, but it is coming.

XO,
                                  Keri

• 11 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    8 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI there!

Where would you like the ability to use a lowercase title – somewhere on your wedding website?

Thanks for writing in!

Krista

• Same Gender Marriage

In addition to what others have said and voted with regards to offering same gender marriages customization, the language and ideas received in emails should reflect the same or be more specific to the users' profile.

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion! We will definitely pass this along to our Product Design team for consideration.

Enjoy the site!
                                      XO,
                                      Meuy

• Couples' Log In

I think that it would be great if there was a way that both my fiance and myself could have separate logins with our own email address, but could collaborate on the same account.

This would be great for the wedding website or themes!

Thanks,
                                      Jo

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope to be able to tell you this is coming soon – and soon we will tell you this very thing. Right now one of our amazing product design teams is working on a way we can open the memberships to be collaborative and you could share two logins for one account. We know that although you can share the same login right now that is not always ideal.

Thanks again for sending this over! We are listening and really hope to provide some great news when this is live.

XOXO,
                                        Keri

• Please include more of the LGBTQ community

Hello! I love your website/Instagram. It genuinely bothers me that you don't show more LGBTQ marriages, especially trans people. I'm a ******** woman. I want to see more inspiration for my own wedding where a woman is marrying a woman. Or a wedding where someone that might not be "passing" for the gender they identify with is getting married. We can't all have the money for full transitional therapy like Caitlyn Jenner. I also would love to see more handicapped weddings. I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people. Thanks, Davinica

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
                                          XOXO,
                                          Meuy

• [Favorites] I'd like to be able to organize favorites into specific boards.

At this time on all Favorites are added to one board. The ability to create specific boards and add Favorites is a feature is coming soon.

91 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base