What's your idea for The Knot?

With the new wedding website, is there no more seating chart app?

114 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    digivaldigival shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  KeriAdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thanks for writing in! There is no seating chart on the new site but new features are coming in 2016.

Thanks!

Krista

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i was recomended to the knot because of the awesome seating chart tool. I just spent the past 2 hours inputting all contacts and addresses and there is no more tool!! AHHAAAA!!!

• chelsers49chelsers49 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No seating chart tool yet??? I have to switch over to another wedding website now and start over with the guest list :(

• SergioSergio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame on me for thinking this site was here to make my wedding planning easier. I was willing to give a little (use some vendors) to get a little (wedding templates---seating chart tool!), but all I've gotten is pitches from this and that vendor.

Hey, the knot, get a marketing clue. In case you've forgotten, I remind you who your true customer is...It is me and my fiance, not the vendors. You can't get commissions from them until you get my money.

• AlyAly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been patiently waiting for this Seating Chart Floorplan to be "completed in 2016." Is this still a plan?? Is it coming back?? It was, by far, the best feature that your old site had. I think it was a HUGE mistake to get rid of it. PLEASE bring it back!!

• jmarieljmariel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Face it, no seating chart is coming. Why would they add it- there is no profit or money to be made in it for them. They would add it and I bet start charging. Instead they add these dumb vendor pushers or deals so they can take a commission. This site is not for helping, it's purely for skimming money off our purchases they splatter everywhere. It's become a complete WASTE. I'm not holding my breath any more and will never purchase anything thru a promo sent to me from this awful website.

• sjohnson8218sjohnson8218 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you guys keep adding stupid features like vendor manager and local deals instead of more important tools like seating chart and online guestbook for the couples website...this is becoming so frustrating!

• Annoyed matron of honorAnnoyed matron of honor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the seating chart? This was the best feature when planning my wedding and now I was helping my friend plan and typed up all the addresses just to find out there's no seating chart, gift/thank you tabs anymore or bridal party/sort. We have less than 2 months!!! 2016 is more than half thru btw

• KSTKST commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ended up having the use Wedding Wire to create my seating chart after using theknot.com for everything else.This is very frustrating and makes me no longer want to recommend the site to future brides!

• DesDes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am frustrated that I lost my entire guest list when you updated the site. I am even more frustrated that now that I have finally recovered it, I can't even use it to make a seating chart. I need to provide one to my wedding planner here shortly and really am wishing I hadn't fallen for "theknot" hype.

• Siobhan FeeneySiobhan Feeney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Very frustrating to have purchased the planning binder and not have the tool you suggest using.

• Amy RussartAmy Russart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there an update on this? I have started the 100 day countdown to my wedding and want to know where this stands. Is this functionality going to be available this year?

I agree with previous users...this is kindof a big deal not to have included.

• jmarieljmariel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So 2016 is halfway over- can you PLEASE update us on whether or not this is coming? And if so, when? It would be nice to give us some time to find another website or program to use instead of depending on "new features coming.."

• kristenkristen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I signed up for this site thinking my guest list tracker would transfer easily into a seating chart tool of some sort. Where is it? This is one of the top functionalities I expect from a wedding planning online experience. I would have gone elsewhere had I known- when I signed up/was in the research process before selecting The Knot, I saw it as a feature. This is a deal breaker for me.
        Luckily I'm the first of my friends to be married so I can advise them based on my experiences...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word on a seating chart? Its been "planned" for 5 months. I was planning on using this feature when I signed up for an account, if I knew it wouldn't be offered I would have used Wedding Wire!!

Any word on the seating chart? This was one of the best features when planning my first daughter's wedding and now it is no longer available for my second daughter. I kept telling how great the site was...how wonder the seating chart manager and the way to sort RSVPs by bride family, groom family and friends. Now all of these great features are GONE!!

Please update the site with the seating chart. I am seriously thinking about starting a wedding website with weddingwire.com since their seating chart manager is still up and running.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base