What's your idea for The Knot?

Additional Theme Customizations

Several aspects of the website theme could be more customizable, such as font capitalization (instead of all caps), edit size/type of "and" between names (personally I'd prefer a fancy ampersand), edit size/type of countdown (the default is so tiny), and the option for social media icons on the home page (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christy Lynn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I really appreciate this feedback. It helps our team push forward the items that are more important to our members. We are always making updates and I also hope to see a few of your suggestions in our future updates. You can adjust the font and size of fonts in the Change Theme Settings section of your website dashboard already. I hope this helps a little until a fully flexible site is developed in the future.

Enjoy!
    Keri

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tiffany T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice website...very helpful.However, I am having issues because all the letters are lower case even names?! This is vital

• Natasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys can spend money to create your own site, buy a domain, and choose/buy a layout then customize it however you feel but remember this wedding website is offered to you for free. It is limited in its capabilities and options because it is free. Ideas and suggestions are wanted and necessary but don't be so angry because it's not exactly what you want. You get what you pay for and since you're not paying for anything, I think you're getting quite a bit!
        I did my wedding website through them and I was very thankful that it was easy and free - less stress when planning a wedding. Thank you to The Knot!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the above comment. Although I did find out how to change the size of the countdown font and background colour, I can't find a way to add other images/graphics other than the main photo. I don't find it particularly personalised and would like to have added a couple of graphics used in our invites etc. This is why I chose to use a different site.

• kristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to change the fonts on a template to my wedding colours but there was nothing I could do about the background. kind of disappointing. maybe something that could be improved for future brides.

is there any way to edit the html/css of the knot websites?I'd like to do some basic adjustments to my page.

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously this is terrible. Like someone else said, the colors of the designs are so limited that it's impossible to find one that matches the wedding colors I'm using. Why can't I change the background color of a template if I like the style? This needs to be a feature, especially if you aren't going to offer an option for those with a little HTML knowledge to customize their pages as they like.

Upper and lower case type should be a VERY BASIC feature! Can't believe this is not addressed!

• Christy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am shocked that background colors on website themes cannot be adjusted to match wedding colors. My wedding colors are a wisteria purple and pale yellow and I cannot find a single theme that has any type of light purple or yellow. Other wedding websites allow background color changes and The Knot, being as wonderful of a website as it is, should be able to do this as well.

• Kateland Vu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if they have more black themes so I can have a jet black iPhone 7 themed website

• Carol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was having trouble changing colors and I noticed it used the #000000 format that Costco Photo Center uses when creating projects. So I just go into Costco, pick my color I want, see what the # is and copy that in to the # area in my website. Like for blue is #0000FF.

• rachelheersink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You may be able to "change" some of the settings of you're theme....but it only works for the first page.....if you click on accommodations it reverts back to the original theme fonts and text color......almost pointless to even customize the setting because it ends up look ridiculously stupid when only the home page of the website is customizable click to different page, looks like it could be a completely different website due to the changes only effect the home page......no sense in trying to my website my own cuz it will look (again) stupid......maybe fix this

The theme I chose (Lace and Kraft) offers multiple colors of invitations but I can only choose one of them on the knot.. I'd like to be able to match the color of my invitations and website.

The all caps on the headers need to have a choice to be either no caps or all caps
        Even I want more black themes for a jet black inspired iOS and Thomas blog
        Also I want unlimited creation of custom pages
        Please the knot I want these

Excuse me the knot
        Would you please add more black themes? I have a website for iPhone and Thomas created here and also I want unlimited creation of custom pages

I'm having a terrible time finding a theme for my website among the available options––they don't match the colors and style of my wedding very well. When will new themes be available? I would especially love an elegant and subtle bee theme.

It would be fantastic to have the option of changing the background color of at least the themes that have a simple or solid-color background (such as the fine filigree theme). The option could be made available in the "change theme settings" section. It would offer a lot more flexibility!

Thanks!

• krista commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to change font within a paragraph.
        I tried changing some sentences to links.. but font color is still black.
        I am unable to use HTML/CSS to change the font colors.
        I ended up creating a jpeg of "Our Story" and it shows up too small to read!

I'm out of ideas.

• InaStina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the all caps! It looks stupid and is hard to read in my preferred font. Please change :(

has there been a solution yet for the all caps fix??? In edit, it shows as the appropriate sized font, but in preview and when shared, it shows up as all caps lock!! Help! I spent hours on this, i do not want to have to create a new page on a totally different website!!

Would really like a way to keep it from being all caps, we've had complaints that it made it hard to read. It's especially annoying because when you edit in Change Theme Settings, it shows it as having lower case letters, but then you go to preview and everything is all in capital letters.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base