What's your idea for The Knot?

Customizing the Notes section of RSVPs

I'd love to be able to customize the categories for how guests RSVP, like changing "Notes" to something more relevant ("If you're bringing kids, let us know here!" type things).

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AshleyAshley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  KeriAdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

We are definitely working on this new feature and hope to have a way for you to personalize the ‘ask’ of your guests in the future. So glad you like having it there.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HabibHabib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has the notes section customizability been added? How do I ask my Guests what their plus one's name is going to be?

• LilyLily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this be added? I might have to change websites if it is not implemented. Thanks!!

• Shannon SShannon S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am wondering the same thing. I have looked everywhere on the site and can not see how to do it.

• AA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Keri - Is this done yet? If not I need to go with another wedding website. This can't be that difficult?? Thank you!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Keri... Any update to this request? I am also needing to personalize questions to gather additional information for planning purposes. Please advise.

Thanks!

• HH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an 'inbox' or something accessible from the dashboard where we can read the notes our guests send us. It is nice that it sent me an email when a guest sent a note, but otherwise it's pretty hard to find. We are using the 'notes' function to ask for people's food allergies so it would be good to have this more easily accessible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love the option to ask guests any question like "What song do you want to dance too?"
        or "who needs a high chair"

• Bernie Mc HaleBernie Mc Hale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the rsvp to have an optional section 'Special dietary requirements' for guests to fill in.this could be boxes to tick for example: vegetarian/nut allergy/ coeliac/other please specify.... as I require this information for the wedding reception venue. And I think that some guests won't think to include it when they rsvp without a prompt to do so.

• KeriAdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once a guest leaves a note in your RSVP process, you can pull these up by Exporting your guest list manager. The notes will be viewed in the Excel file you export. We are hoping to give these a bit more visibility within your Guest List manager in the coming months. Thanks again for your feedback!

XOXO,
        Keri

• TeresaTeresa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where do you read the notes people leave when they RSVP? I can't find them anywhere.

• ClaireClaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's exactly what I am after too. I am assuming this isn't happening just yet?

Feedback and Knowledge Base