What's your idea for The Knot?

Moving / Duplicating / Dragging Pre-made Sub-Sections to a Different Page during Wedding Website Creation

I would like to move the "Things to Do" section with all of it's functionality to a new Wedding Website page I made, "Learn more about the venue," since I don't think it really belongs under "Details" and it is making my "Details" page insanely long, because all of our accommodation suggestions are on that page too.

Along the same lines, this would allow users to be able to duplicate the Things to Do page in order to create a Places to Eat page with the same functionality.

I believe this change was suggested before and was incorrectly marked as "completed". Completed makes it sound like the change was made, which it wasn't, so "Under Review" or "currently denied" would have been more appropriate, and still would have allowed users to comment and upvote.

https://help.theknot.com/forums/263843-theknot-com-ideas-feedback/suggestions/12825762-ability-to-move-the-pre-created-sections-to-other

"It would be nice to be able to drag and drop the pre-created pages onto a different page on the website. I also do not see a place where I can "duplicate" a pre-created section theknot had created on the website. Whenever I want to create a new section, it's only a standard/basic format. Having this would be helpful."

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    olivia4nier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

I really appreciate you checking on this idea. Yes, we do have the ability to move the sections within each sub-section, but moving the different types of sections to the different tabs is still something our Product team is working on. They know this is something that would help a lot of our members and we are eager to get this free website creator just the way it should be. It just takes time and I really appreciate you bringing them back to the front.

I have sent a note to our Product team to find out when they anticipate this being a live feature and if it is within the next few months, I will keep you posted.

XOXO,
    Keri

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Erika S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been over a year and still no changes have been made! Any updates?

• Bruce Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't address your primary concern, but it may help. I opened a feedback request in the link below and the "admin" answered with the general carpet bomb reply... it's a common request..we are working on it, some day we will address...yada yada yada.. but I discovered that the site does have not so easy to find functions that addressed my primary issue, and may help...well at least mitigate some of your concerns. Click the below link and look for my comment with the 6 bullet point steps

http://feedback.beta.theknot.com/forums/263843-theknot-com-ideas-feedback/suggestions/19461331-have-page-section-location-flexibility?

• Travis Rasa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Keri, we're currently building our site and would very much like this ability. Could we please have an update on whether or not this is coming soon or not? Would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

• leahluquette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! I am now hoping to do the same thing. I see this was posted in August, has it been resolved yet?

Thank you!

• olivia4nier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Keri, are there any updates for when the product team plans to have this completed by? We are anxiously waiting!

• dmurph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        I will be having a wedding in 2 countries and want to add details for both locations. I too want to be able to copy the pre-made "Details" page to another page for the second location. I want to be able to add the accommodations, travel & transportation, and things to do.

Thank you Keri! Meuy kept closing/denying my suggestion without putting it under review so I'm glad to hear your product team is already working on it.

(since you've already developed the formatting, just allow us to create new sub-sections with the same formatting)

Feedback and Knowledge Base